Berbroek, June 2015.
My first big e-commerce project is the website of Castabo, an exhibition stand project management company seated in Berbroek, Herk-de-Stad.
Current website was developed in Flash, a fat client presentation layer not designed to cope with the upcoming mobile devices.
Functionalities and features requested by this client :
- Commercial attractive multilingual frontend website
- Summary of the companies activities, specialities, references and promotions in one homepage
- Frontpage slider with product & service imagery and copywriting
- Strong binding between specialities and reference portfolio through portfolio/speciality classifications (see video presentation below)
- Backend webshop for dedicated clients :
- management of exhibition stand panels, counters, lighting & accessoires (dedicated product catalog)
- integration with product catalog for public clients
- webshop encapsulated stand order registration and price calculation
- customized cart checkout with cart content sorting features
- separated pricing and discount component (adaptive design requirement)
- Public webshop for sales and rental products
- Joint venture with Audioworks Aarschot for sound and lighting rentals
- Product & portfolio photography
During the months november and december we worked intensely together at Castabo's office and on location to gather essential knowlegde of their business processes.